State Bar of Texas December 17, 2020
University of Houston Law Center (UHLC), Houston, Texas May 2020
Juris Doctor | GPA: 3.2
- UHLC Moot Court Team; Houston Journal of Health Law & Policy, Publications Editor;
- Health Law Organization, Vice President; Student Bar Association
Hardin-Simmons University, Abilene, Texas May 2017
Bachelor of Behavioral Science in Political Science, Minor in Legal Studies
- Theta Alpha Zeta, President (2016) and Vice President (2015); Greek Council Executive Board Member; Student Government Association
Taylor Taylor & Russell LLP, Houston, Texas, Associate Attorney December 2020—Present
- Draft dispositive motions including motions for summary judgement and pleas to the jurisdiction.
- Draft pre-trial motions such as motions for protection, special exceptions, motions to quash, motions to sever & abate extra-contractual causes of action, and applicable affidavits.
- Draft communications including reports to clients and requests for authority.
- Conduct discovery through sending a receiving written requests and drafting deposition outlines.
- Draft original petitions concerning breach of contract.
Taylor Taylor & Russell LLP, Houston, Texas, Law Clerk April 2020—December 2020
- Drafted pre-trial and post-trial motions involving breach of contract issues and violations of the Prompt Payment Act.
- Contributed to insurance defense litigation by drafting pre-trial motions, initial contact letters, and requests for authority, and sending and responding to third-party discovery requests.
- Conducted relevant research for wide ranging-issues.
Cokinos | Young, Houston, Texas, Summer Associate May —June 2019
- Researched environmental protection regulations and case law concerning fraud for this construction law firm.
- Researched issues concerning the power of individual corporate directors for the firm’s transactional section.
- Prepared petitions and analyzed contracts for business formation.
- Attended hearings in which supervising attorneys submitted my work product.
- Communicated directly with clients regarding case progression.
Tate Young Law Firm, Houston, Texas, Law Clerk January 2019—April 2020
- Drafted petitions, answers, and pre-trial motions for Texas state court.
- Drafted written discovery requests and communicated with clients to respond to requests for production and interrogatories.
- Accompanied the supervising attorney to hearings and trial.
- Filed documents with court clerks.
MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, Law Clerk, Institutional Compliance August—December 2018
- Presented research to supervising attorneys on federal and state statutes and regulations through memoranda and meetings to ensure hospital compliance.
- Attended meetings with internal compliance committees to discuss audits of institutional reporting procedures, compliance investigations, and the progress of current projects.