Attorney and Counselor
Ernest received an A.B. in Economics in 1987 from the University of Chicago. He then worked in the Finance industry for three (3) years before enrolling in the University of Houston Law Center. Ernest obtained his Juris Doctorate Magna Cum Laude in 1993 and was admitted to the Texas Bar Association in November of 1993.
Ernest began his legal career at Wells & Henry where he focused on defending Deceptive Trade Practices claims and creditor’s rights. In 1997, Ernest joined Butler Binion where he focused on legal malpractice defense; Ernest became a partner at Butler Binion in 1999. In 2000, Ernest joined Glast, Phillips & Murray.
In 2015, Ernest joined Taylor, Taylor & Russell
Ernest is admitted to practice before the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals, the United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of Texas, and in all Texas State Courts.
Significant Recent Cases
- Defense verdict following jury trial in Galveston, Texas in claim alleging elderly women suffered over $150,000.00 in damages due to a dangerous retail premises.
- Defense verdict following jury trial claim alleging multiple employees sexually assaulted customer in restroom of restaurant/convenience store.
- Defense decision in arbitration arising out of false allegations of theft made by employer against retail manager.
- Defense verdict in bench trial alleging approximately $8,000,000.00 in damages for legal malpractice in handling appeal. Defense verdict in related jury trial for alleged legal malpractice at trial of same case.
- Defense decision in arbitration arising out of race and gender discrimination in termination of retail manager.
- Pre-Trial Take Nothing Judgment in Cameron County, Texas of sexual harassment, retaliation, and defamation claims in case thought by management team of retail establishment.