Partner, Attorney at Law
- Courtroom Experience
- Active litigation practice since November 1992, including a wide variety of commercial business, collections, contract disputes, DTPA, construction, “bad faith” insurance claims, receiverships, real estate and personal injury. Over sixty civil cases tried to verdict.
- Filed and briefed numerous cases in State and Federal courts of appeals.
- Clerked for Judge Davidson in Harris County.
- Collections and Creditor Rights
- Insurance Defense
- Personal Injury
Memberships and Admissions
- The State Bar of Texas
- The United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas The United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- 1992, Texas, U.S. District Court
- Southern District of Texas
- Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- Houston and American Bar Associations
- State Bar of Texas
- Fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation
- Taylor, Taylor & Russell – Partner since January 2008
- Taylor & Taylor – January 1999
- Wauson & Associates, P.C. (also Wauson & Nelson, L.L.P.) – November 1992 – July 1999 Judicial Clerkship – The Honorable Judge Mark Davidson, 1 1th District Court, Hard County, Texas September 1991 – December 1991
- University of Houston, J.D., May 1992, Licensed November 1992
- Texas A&M University, B.A., Political Science, May 1989
Articles and Presentations
- Author and Presenter: “How High is High, Wearing the Bull’s Eye” June 1999.
- Texas Insurance Code Article 21.55 Primer, “Beyond Survival – Excellence in Claims Handling” – January 2001.
- “Bound and Gagged: the Liability of Businesses for the Actions of Employees,” – 2001.
- Texas Insurance Law Symposium: “Damages Recoverable in Insurance Bad Faith Litigation” – 2003.
- “Drive Your Chevy to the Levy- And Other Post Judgement Collectim Techniques” HBA Presenter 2013 & 2015